COMPLETE DRIVING INSTRUCTIONS VIA PDF
HCW phone # (509) 763-2234 The address is 12385 W. Shugart Flats Road,
Leavenworth, WA 98826
(Drive time is approximately 25 minutes with no stops from Leavenworth)
Be Prepared for Winter Driving
Protect yourself and your passengers. Allow extra time to reach your
destination during inclement weather. It takes only one unprepared or
careless driver to slow or stop traffic.
Practice the following:
- Drive for conditions – slower speeds, slower acceleration.
- Check to see if you have traction tires.
- Know what the traction advisories mean.
- Watch a video to learn how to install tire chains.
- Do not use cruise control.
Four-wheel and all-wheel vehicles do not stop or steer better
- Leave extra room between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you.
- Slow down when approaching intersections, offramps, bridges, or shady
- If you find yourself behind a snowplow, slow down and give the plow a
little extra room.
- Slow down and be extra cautious near the chain-up and removal areas. There
are often people out of their vehicles.
- Keep your fuel tank full — don't let it
fall below half a tank on winter trips.
- Program your radio for traffic reports
and emergency messages (for WSDOT radio: 530 and 1610 AM).
What to carry on winter trips:
Winter Driving Supply Checklist
- Keep a basic winter survival kit in your
vehicle: flashlight, batteries, blanket, snacks, water, gloves, boots,
- Load your car with winter travel gear :
tire chains, ice scraper/snowbrush, jumper cables, road flares.
- See more winter preparedness tips at
Take Winter By Storm website.
What would cause the pass to close:
When possible avalanche control work is scheduled at night when traffic
volumes are low. WSDOT attempts to provide advance notice, but in an
emergency, it's not always possible.
If there is heavy snow in a short amount of time, road crews may close the
pass to clear ice and snow from the travel lanes.
CLICK HERE FOR
What's the Weather...